Review the duties and responsibilities for electronics technician postal positions for the specified pay grade.
You will also be able to search for related jobs in the federal civil
service and private sectors to improve your chances of employment.
Compare your background to the required duties and responsibilities to
see if you have the skills to perform the required functions for the
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN, PS-10 Occupation Code: 0856-01XX
Carries out all phases of maintenance, troubleshooting, and testing
of electronic circuitry used in equipment and systems requiring a
knowledge of solid state electronics. Instructs and provides technical
support on complex systems and on combinational (hardware/software) or
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs the testing, diagnosis, maintenance, and revision work
requiring a knowledge of solid state electronics.
- Observes the various equipment and systems in operation and
applies appropriate testing and diagnostic methods and procedures to
ensure proper operation.
- Locates source of equipment and system failures, rectifies
trouble in involved cases, or provides instructions to be used by
maintenance employees performing repair work.
- Makes or participates with contractor representative or
electronic technician in installing or altering equipment and
systems as required.
- Makes reports of equipment and system failures which require
corrective action by contractor and follows up to see that
appropriate action is taken.
- Makes preventive maintenance inspections to discover incipient
malfunctions and to review the standards of maintenance. Recommends
changes in preventive maintenance procedures and practices as found
to be necessary.
- Programs scheme and/or scheme changes into memory units as
requested by management.
- Furnishes pertinent data to superiors and contract employees on
operation and testing problems.
- Participates in training programs: classroom, on-the-job, and
correspondence, at postal facilities, trade schools, and
manufacturer’s plants as required. May assist in developing and
implementing training programs. Instructs equal or lower level
employees as required.
- Observes established safety regulations pertaining to the type
of work involved.
- May drive vehicle or utilize other available mode of
transportation to work site when necessary.
- Provides technical support to other electronic technicians to
resolve complex, combinational (hardware/software), and/or
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Search our jobs board for
electronics technician jobs in the postal, government, and private sectors.
Visit the USPS site link listed below
to search for vacancies in your area and to apply.
Federal mechanic jobs may also be available in your area. Click on
the second link listed below to explore these options.
following search box to search for related
in the private, state, and local government