Review the duties and responsibilities for
architect and engineer postal positions for the specified pay grade.
You will also be able to search for related jobs in the federal civil
service and private sectors to improve your chances of employment.
Compare your background to the required duties and responsibilities to
see if you have the skills to perform the required functions for the
Architect / Engineer
ARCHITECT/ENGINEER, EAS-20 Occupation Code: 0808-3020
Performs design work and assists in administering design and
construction contracts within a district office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides architect/engineering consulting services, evaluates
technical problems, and surveys technical alternatives for
construction projects within a district office.
- Participates in the analysis, evaluation, and determination of
feasibility, costs, and technical problems related to the planning,
design, installation, testing, and operation of advanced engineered
systems and equipment in support of construction projects.
- Oversees construction term contracts to ensure compliance with
contract requirements and adherence to established policies and
- Participates in the activities related to the design,
construction, testing, start-up, and operation of facilities,
systems, and/or equipment.
- Participates in the preparation of requests for proposal,
including specifications and drawings; participates in the
evaluation of contractor bids.
- Reviews contractor specifications and drawings for technical
accuracy and compliance with contract requirements.
- Attends preconstruction and final acceptance meetings for
progress review; makes on-site inspections during installation and
test, and reports discrepancies in contract work.
- Works with architects, engineers, contractors, construction
representatives, and others involved in the design and construction
of postal facilities.
- Provides technical assistance to employees and others in the
development of facility projects.
Visit the USPS site link listed below
to search for vacancies in your area and to apply.
Federal architect and engineering jobs may also be available in your area. Click on
the second link listed below to explore these options.
following search box to search for related
in the private, state, and local government
Architect / Engineering Positions (Federal &
Private Sector Job Vacancies)