ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN, PS-10 Occupation Code: 0856-01XX
Carries out all phases of maintenance, troubleshooting, and testing
of electronic circuitry used in equipment and systems requiring a
knowledge of solid state electronics. Instructs and provides technical
support on complex systems and on combinational (hardware/software) or
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs the testing, diagnosis, maintenance, and revision work
requiring a knowledge of solid state electronics.
- Observes the various equipment and systems in operation and
applies appropriate testing and diagnostic methods and procedures to
ensure proper operation.
- Locates source of equipment and system failures, rectifies
trouble in involved cases, or provides instructions to be used by
maintenance employees performing repair work.
- Makes or participates with contractor representative or
electronic technician in installing or altering equipment and
systems as required.
- Makes reports of equipment and system failures which require
corrective action by contractor and follows up to see that
appropriate action is taken.
- Makes preventive maintenance inspections to discover incipient
malfunctions and to review the standards of maintenance. Recommends
changes in preventive maintenance procedures and practices as found
to be necessary.
- Programs scheme and/or scheme changes into memory units as
requested by management.
- Furnishes pertinent data to superiors and contract employees on
operation and testing problems.
- Participates in training programs: classroom, on-the-job, and
correspondence, at postal facilities, trade schools, and
manufacturer’s plants as required. May assist in developing and
implementing training programs. Instructs equal or lower level
employees as required.
- Observes established safety regulations pertaining to the type
of work involved.
- May drive vehicle or utilize other available mode of
transportation to work site when necessary.
- Provides technical support to other electronic technicians to
resolve complex, combinational (hardware/software), and/or
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Search our jobs board for
electronics technician jobs in the postal, government, and private sectors.