Architect / Engineer
ARCHITECT/ENGINEER, EAS-20 Occupation Code: 0808-3020
Performs design work and assists in administering design and
construction contracts within a district office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides architect/engineering consulting services, evaluates
technical problems, and surveys technical alternatives for
construction projects within a district office.
- Participates in the analysis, evaluation, and determination of
feasibility, costs, and technical problems related to the planning,
design, installation, testing, and operation of advanced engineered
systems and equipment in support of construction projects.
- Oversees construction term contracts to ensure compliance with
contract requirements and adherence to established policies and
- Participates in the activities related to the design,
construction, testing, start-up, and operation of facilities,
systems, and/or equipment.
- Participates in the preparation of requests for proposal,
including specifications and drawings; participates in the
evaluation of contractor bids.
- Reviews contractor specifications and drawings for technical
accuracy and compliance with contract requirements.
- Attends preconstruction and final acceptance meetings for
progress review; makes on-site inspections during installation and
test, and reports discrepancies in contract work.
- Works with architects, engineers, contractors, construction
representatives, and others involved in the design and construction
of postal facilities.
- Provides technical assistance to employees and others in the
development of facility projects.